This is the first of a series of ECT e-books on the composable enterprise and its significance for CSPs. It introduces you to application composition, the underlying architecture and processes as well as the market opportunities for CSPs.
Estimated reading time: 15 minutes
- Monolithic apps and services inhibit the continuous agility required by most enterprises and their customers, making it difficult for them to react to and interact with rapidly changing market conditions.
- Many analysts recommend that enterprises in general adopt a composable software architecture and composition principles.
- Fusion teams consisting of IT, business and actual end users use building blocks for different capabilities to compose and recompose applications perfectly individualized for the specific use cases of the target audience.
- Low code is essential to this application composition in order to enable business and citizen developers to actively participate in the continuous evolution and individuation of apps.
- Providers of Platforms as a Service (PaaS), Communications Platforms as a Service (CPaaS) and Low-Code Application Platforms (LCAPs) are positioning their products as application composition platforms.
- By 2023, 60% of mainstream organizations will list composable enterprise as a strategic objective.
- This market represents a new and important opportunity for communication services providers (CSPs).